What is Electrolysis?
- Electrolysis is a safe, effective, progressive and permanent method of removing unwanted hair. Unwanted hair is a common problem affecting most women to varying degrees throughout their lives and prompting the use of various temporary methods of hair reduction or hair management systems. However electrolysis is still the only proven permanent method of hair removal and many women and indeed many men, have benefited from this tried and trusted treatment.
- A tiny fine probe (about the size of an eyelash) is inserted into the hair follicle where a tiny burst of energy is targeted at the root of the hair. This burst of energy prevents nutrients feeding the hair and the hair becomes weaker and finer. After repeated treatments the hair is no longer able to grow and complete hair-free results are obtained.
What is it like to have Electrolysis?
- Electrolysis has become gentler and more comfortable, and each treatment is ‘tailor made’ to suit you. With the choice of three methods of electrolysis available, Galvanic, Diathermy and now Blend there is something to suit all.
- After treatment you may experience slight skin redness, but I will use soothing and calming gels to help alleviate this.
Is Electrolysis safe?
- Electrolysis was first invented in 1875 and is proven both effective and totally safe when performed correctly. I have Certificates in Epilation which are available for you to see when you attend a treatment at Copper Tree Clinic.
- Sterex disposable probes are used to totally eliminate any risk of cross infection. For each client a brand new sterile probe is used and you will see the individually packed sterile probe being opened in front of you.
How may treatments do I need?
- Each hair requires repeated treatment because each individual hair has its own growing cycle and blood supply. Electrolysis works by weakening the hair and eventually destroying it. Results take a little time, but, just like dieting, it’s not the crash diet but the healthy eating plan that works in the long run.
What products will Copper Tree Clinic use for Electrolysis?
- I use Sterex Electrolysis International Limited products.
- The Sterex range of aftercare products are specially formulated for their antiseptic and soothing properties: Natural Aloe Vera Gel, Natural Witch Hazel Gel and Apres Cosmetic Cream.
How much does it cost?
- to find out about different electrolysis treatments and their prices please see my treatment menu
I have health problems. Does this stop me from having treatments with Copper Tree Clinic?
- there are some medical contraindications for certain treatments. Before having any electrolysis treatments I will have a thorough consultation with you to ensure that treatment is suitable and to assess which method is best for you. I will then discuss a treatment plan with you.
- If you are attending any treatments at Copper Tree Clinic for the first time, you will be asked to complete a simple medical questionnaire which is kept strictly confidential.